Call for Nominations of ILA Awards / Fellowships 2022
Nominations are invited for the following ILA awards/fellowship latest by 15th December 2022
1. ILA DR PSG KUMAR LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD 2022: The Award, instituted by Dr. P. S. G. Kumar Felicitation Committee, Amrawati (Maharashtra), is for the professionals in the field of LIS in India. Age of the applicant should be 55 and above.
2. ILA SM GANGULY BEST SCHOOL LIBRARY AWARD 2022: The award is meant for the best school library in the country. The libraries of high/higher secondary schools are eligible if they fulfill the following criteria: a) The applicant school may be an institution recognised/aided or run by the state government; b) The library is administered by a full time librarian possessing at least a BLISc degree; c) The library must be located in a separate room of its own and provide at least lending services to all classes in regular and systematic manner; d) A school library shall not get the award twice within five years.
3. ILA - KAULA BEST LIBRARIAN AWARD 2022: The Award, instituted by Prof. P.N. Kaula Endowment for Library and Information Science, Guntur (AP), is for the professionals in the field of LIS in India. The Award carries a shawl, citation and memento.
4. ILA - DR. L M PADHYA BEST UNIVERSITY LIBRARY AWARD 2022: The Award instituted by Mrs. Kantaben L. Padhya in memory of her Late husband Dr. L. M. Padhya who had retired as University Librarian, from Smt. Hansa Mehta Library, Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Gujarat. The Award carries a shawl, citation and memento. Applications received for the award must fulfill the following conditions: a. Only a state/central Government University recognized by the UGC can apply for the award. b. The Applicant University must be a Member of AIU. c. The Applicant Library should be the Institutional member of ILA.
5. ILA - GIDWANI-DESHPANDEY BEST ACADEMIC LIBRARIAN AWARD 2022: The award, instituted by Prof. K. Navalani, former Professor and Head, Department of Library and Information Science, Punjabi University, Patiala is for the professional in the field of Academic Libraries in India. The award carries a Shawl, citation and a memento.
6. ILA - VENDANAIKEE FELLOWSHIP 2022: The ILA-Vendanaikee Fellowship was instituted by Mrs. V. K. Sundaram, formerly Reader, DLIS, University of Delhi. The award is to be given to a candidate who has secured highest percent of marks in the qualifying examination on the basis of which the candidate has been admitted to the B. Lib. Sc. Course in the University of Delhi during the 2021-22 year. The award carries (Rs.1000/only).
7. ILA - DR. K. PADMA UMAPATHY AND K. S. UMAPATHY FELLOWSHIP IN LIBRARY & INFO. SCIENCE 2022: Maximum Five Fellowships worth Rs.2000/- each are to be awarded annually out of the accrued interest on certain sum of deposit with ILA. The money has been donated by Dr. K. S. Umapathy, former Professor of Library and Information Science and Librarian of the Bangalore University. These Fellowships are given to the students doing M. L. I. Sc. from a recognized university. At least three Fellowships will be awarded to the woman candidate provided they satisfy the following conditions: a. Students securing at least 60% of marks in qualifying examinations may apply for Fellowship. b. Students getting any other type of assistance from Government/University, etc. will not be eligible for the award of the Fellowship. c. Not more than one Fellowship would be awarded to any one student from an institution during one year.
Pl. Note: Prescribed forms are available at www.ilaindia.net Detailed C.V. along with duly filled in applications should reach to ILA General Secretary, Indian Library Association, A-40-41, Flat No. 201, Ansal Building, Dr. Mukherjee Nagar, Delhi-110009, latest by 15th December 2022.