School of Planning and Architecture Bhopal
An Institution of National Importance under the
Ministry of Education, Govt. of India Neelbad Road, Bhauri, Bhopal (M.P.) PIN – 462 030
- Post Library Trainee
- No of vacancy 3 Positions
- Age Limit Not exceeding 26 years as on 01.01.2022.
- Stipend Rs.16,000/- per month (consolidated). No other allowances will be paid.
Date:21.02.2022 School of Planning and Architecture (SPA), Bhopal invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of Library Trainee on a purely contractual basis.
Tenure of Traineeship The tenure of the traineeship will be for 11 months from the date of joining.
Essential Qualification Post Graduate in Library and Information Science (M.Lib.I.Sc./ M.Lib.Sc) from reputed University / Institute with minimum 55% marks. Students who are appearing for the final exam and waiting for results can also apply but at the time of the test/ interview, he/ she may have to submit results with minimum criteria.
Desired Abilities, Skills, and Knowledge Basic knowledge of computer application (MS Office). Working knowledge of library software (Koha, Dspace, etc.). Knowledge of library procedures and standards (DDC, MARC, etc.). Communication skills in English and Hindi (oral and written). Tact and curtesy in dealing with Library users.
Test/Interview Date Will be notified via email to the shortlisted candidates only.
The selected candidates will work from Monday-Saturday (six days a week) and be ready to work in different shifts and weekends on a rotation basis.
Roles and Responsibilities
Providing assistance and guidance to library users
Check-in/Check-out of resources (Issue/Return)
Technical processing of library materials
Cataloging and indexing of library resources
Arranging books and periodicals on racks
Answering reference queries
Performing online computer searches of the database
Place of Posting
Library , School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal.
Terms and Conditions
1. The Traineeship program is not a regular employment and does not entitle any privileges or benefits of regular employment. It is only a temporary study program for imparting practical training.
2. The tenure of the training program is for 11 months and is extendable for one more tenure, subject to satisfactory performance of the candidate and existing need.
3. The date of determining the upper age limit, qualification, and experience shall be the last date of application.
4. In case of a higher number of applications, the institute has the right to limit the candidates by shortlisting for written test/ interview.
5. The institute has the right to cancel the entire recruitment process at any time without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
6. No correspondence will be entertained with the candidates not selected for written test/ interview/ appointment. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
7. The selected candidates will work from Monday-Saturday (six days a week) and be ready to work in different shifts and weekends on a rotation basis.
8. Selected candidates have to reside in the campus, a quarter will be allotted on payment of license fee and other applicable charges as per Institute’s rules.
9. Institute reserves the right to terminate the trainee any time without assigning any reason.
latest by 04.03.2022 upto 17:00 hrs. 11. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the personal interview/test through online mode on a prenotified date (will be notified via email).