INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, ROORKEE
Mahatma Gandhi Central Library
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for a Project Position as per the details given below for the consultancy/research project(s) under the Principal Investigator Dr. C. Jayakumar, Librarian, Mahatma Gandhi Central Library, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee.
- Title of project: Institutional Repository at IITR
- Sponsor of the project: IIT Roorkee
- Project position and number: Project Associate - 01 No
- Qualifications: .
Education: Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) or equivalent degree or MCA or B.Tech (Computer Science) with Good Academic Record.
Desired Skills: Bibliographic data handling and digital library development, well versed with Microsoft Excel, Good communication skills
Desirable: One year experience in data handling and digital library development.
- Emoluments: INR 25,000 to 60,000/- + HRA
- Duration: 12 Months
- Job description: Working on the Institutional Repository platform (DSpace), Scopus and Web of Science; Data Processing for DSpace, Data curation in DSpace and communicating with faculty members; etc.
- Place of work: IIT Roorkee, Roorkee -247667, Uttarakhand
- Candidates before applying shall ensure that they are eligible for the position they intend to apply.
- Candidates should submit their application in the prescribed format (Annexure I) with the following documents (as a single PDF file) to the Principal Investigator through email:
- Attested copies of degree/certificates and
- Experience certificates including research, industrial field, and others.
- Intimation about interview shall be communicated to the shortlisted candidates by email.
- Candidate called for interview shall bring along with them the original degree(s)/certificate(s) and experience certificate(s) at the time of interview for verification.
- Preference will be given to SC/ST candidates on equal qualifications and experience.
- Please note that no TA/DA is admissible for attending the interview.
- The last date for application to be submitted is 14 October 2021.