Learning Resource Centre, JK Lakshmipat University , Jaipur invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of Library Trainee on a purely contractual basis.
Tentative Number of vacancy:-
Tenure of Traineeship:-
The tenure of the traineeship will be for 6 months from the date of joining.
Graduate /Post Graduate in Library and Information Science (B.Lib.I.Sc./ M.Lib.I.Sc)/ Associateship In Information Science/Library Science from reputed University /Institute with minimum 55% marks. Students who are appearing for the final exam and waiting for results can also apply but at the time of the test/ interview, he/ she may have to submit results with
Desired Abilities, Skills, and Knowledge:-
• Basic knowledge of computer application (MS Office).
• Working knowledge of library software (Koha, Dspace, etc.).
• Knowledge of library procedures and standards (DDC, MARC, etc.).
• Communication skills in English and Hindi (oral and written).
• Tact and curtesy in dealing with Library users.
Not exceeding 30 years as on the last date of application.
Will be notified via email to the shortlisted candidates only.
The selected candidates will work as on library working days and in different shifts and
weekends on a rotation basis.
Roles and Responsibilities:-
• Providing assistance and guidance to library users
• Check-in/Check-out of resources (Issue/Return)
• Technical processing of library materials
• Cataloging and indexing of library resources
• Arranging books and periodicals on racks
• Answering reference queries
• Performing online computer searches of the database
• Compiling bibliographies
Place of Posting:-
Terms and Conditions:-
1. The Traineeship program is not a regular employment and does not entitle any privileges or
benefits of regular employment. It is only a temporary study program for imparting practical
2. The tenure of the training program is for 6 months.
3. The date of determining the upper age limit, qualification, and experience shall be the last date of application.
4. In case of a higher number of applications, the institute has the right to limit the candidates by
shortlisting for written test/ interview.
5. The university has the right to cancel the entire recruitment process at any time without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
6. No correspondence will be entertained with the candidates not selected for written test/ interview/appointment. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
7. Selected candidates have to reside in the campus, a quarter will be allotted on payment of license fee and other applicable charges as per university’s rules.
University reserves the right to terminate the trainee any time without assigning any reason.
9. Resume (with photo, valid email ID, Mobile Number and other details as per notification) along with scanned copies of Certificates, Mark Sheets/testimonials of all Semesters, Degree/ Provisional Certificate, and copy of an identity proof (Aadhar/Voter ID/PAN Card)