Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology (Deemed to be University)
- Job Title: Librarian
- Age Limit Preferably below 55 Years
- Job Location: Patiala
- A Master’s degree in Library Science/ Information Science or Documentation Science or an equivalent professional degree with at least 60% marks (Degree/Diploma in Computer Application, Knowledge of Database Management System, Website Design, Computer Programming,
- National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like ALET/SET
- A Ph.D. Degree (Desirable).
- Evidence of Innovative Library Services, including the Integration of ICT in Libraries.
- A consistently good academic record with knowledge of computerization of library.
- At least 15 years of experience in libraries preferably of a Reputed Engineering Institution. At least 3 years at Academic Level -13 or working at Academic Level -14 as per UGC Scale or working at similar position in any Institute of National Importance.
- Candidate must have thorough knowledge of Institute related resources and services.
- Excellent leadership, management skills communication skills
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional user group faculty, research scholars, students
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning, decision-making with commercially acumen.
Job Responsibility Provide leadership and strategic direction to the University Library in supporting the education, research and community engagement functions of the University; Develop, manage, implement and communicate the Library’s strategic planning process, aligned to the University’s strategic plan; Prepare and manage annual budgets for the University Library; Develop & promote a culture of excellence, collaboration, innovation & continual improvement within the Library; Manage research data of the Institute such as publications, citations, self-citations, h-index, impact factor of individual faculty, department and Institute. Work collegially and constructively with key university stakeholders including student organizations to deliver Library services to all client groups; Represent the Library in academic and professional activities within and external to the University and monitor national and international trends in Library services; Ensure compliance with internal and external accountabilities, policies and procedures of the University, including legislative and other regulatory requirements; Undertake other duties as determined by the Head-Library Managing budgets and resources. Supporting independent research and learning. Promoting the library's resources to users Organize all library materials so they are easy to locate and maintain collections Creating, updating and managing on-line information resources Supervise and assist with the processing, shelving, maintenance and organization of resource materials including the collection and presentation of information to support both staff and students. To be responsible for the general appearance of the library & to maintain an atmosphere conducive to study. Develop and index databases of library materials Assist students, faculty, and staff in the retrieval of material.
How to apply