Juana Bharathi, Bengaluru
Assistant Librarian Posts at Bangalore University Library for the academic year 2022-23 for a period of one year. This Ad-hoc arrangement is purely on temporary basis and terminable at any time without assigning any reasons thereof. The join description is as under:
- Name of the Post AssistantLibrarian
- No. of Post 07 posts
- Pay M.LISc.- Rs. 32,000/-
- Ph.D/NET/SET- Rs. 36,000/- Consolidated per month
1. Master's Degree in Library Science/Information Science/Documentation Science or an equivalent professional degree with at least 55% of the marks or its equivalent grade of 55% marks where grading system is practiced and a consistently good academic academic record with knowledge on computerization of library. 5% relaxation for SC/ST, OBC & PH candidates.
2. Qualifying in the National Eligibility Test (NET) or other accredited test like SET in L brary Science conducted for the purpose by the UGC or any other agency approved by the UGC.
3. Holders of Ph.D Degree as on the date of Notification of the UGC Regulation, along with those candidates who are awarded a Ph.D Degree through a process of admission, registration, course work and external evaluation as laid down in the UGC (Minimum standards and procedure for award of MPhil/Ph.D Degree) Regulations, 2009 and so adopted by the University shall be exempted from NET/SET.
4. Three years Professional/ Administrative Experience in a University or educational institutions.
How to apply
Candidates who willing o apply for the above post are requested to submit their application enclosing only true copies of the testimonials/documents, as per the proforma attached to this Notification. Applications are to be submitted to the ASSISTANT REGISTRAR, Establishment Section-I, Administrative Block, Bangalore University, Plana Bharathi Campus, Bengaluru-560056, on or before 20.01.2023, 05.00 p.m. The eligible candidates should appear for the interview along with their original documents pertaining to qualification, caste, experience etc., to produce before the interview committee. Selected candidates should work in the Library of PG Centre at Ramangara and libraries situated at Jnana Bharathi Campus.