SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
- Post Director [Library]
- No of post 01
- Pay Level 13 [ Rs.1,23,100/-]
- Age Candidates should not be less than 40 years of age as on 1.11.2021
1. A degree in Law of a University in India recognized by the Bar Council of India or by any State Bar Council for enrolment as an Advocate.
2. Master’s Degree in Library Science of a recognized University.
3. Diploma in Computer Application recognized by AICTE/DOEACC or equivalent or Library Automation Course conducted by National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources.
4. Knowledge of computer operation. It includes -
(i) Knowledge and experience of working with any standard “Library Automation Software” for House keeping activities in the library such as cataloging, acquisition and circulation etc.,
(ii) Knowledge and experience of computerized search both of on-line and off-line databases including of retrieval of desired information through various search engines/processes and
(iii) Knowledge and experience of any software for developing In-House databases for documentation work.
Minimum 4 years experience as Chief Librarian or in an equivalent post ( in Level 12 of Pay Matrix) in any prestigious library preferably a Law Library;
Minimum 7 years composite experience with atleaset 2 years experience as Chief Librarian or in an equivalent post (in Level 12 of Pay Matrix) and as Librarian (in Level 11 of the Pay Matrix) or in an equivalent post in any prestigious Library preferably a Law Library.
Specialized knowledge in:
(i) Conducting research work regarding legal matters,
(ii) Documentation work,
(iii) Preparing of bibliography of cases,
(iv) Examination and dissemination of legal articles published in various law journals.
How to apply
The applications should reach the Branch Officer (Recruitment Cell), Supreme Court of India, Tilak Marg, New Delhi -110001 latest by 31.12.2021 the Registry will not be responsible for any postal loss or delay. Applications received after due date will not be entertained.