Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Staff Selection Commission
ADVERTISEMENT NO. Phase-IX/2021/Selection Post
Candidates will have to apply for each category of post separately and also pay fee for each category of post.
- Department Central Water and Power Research Station, Pune
- Post Code WR11621
- Post Name Library Information Assistant
- Total No of Post 05 posts [04 UR & 01 SC]
- Pay Scale Pay level : 6
- Age limit 18-30 years (age relaxation as per rules)
(i) Bachelors Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science of a recognized University.
(ii) Two years'' professional experience in a Library under Central/ State Government/ Autonomous or Statutory organization/ PSU/ University or Recognized Research or Educational Institution.
Job Requirement/ Duties of the Post
1) Acquisition, storage of Library material including Non Book material; 2) Cataloguing, classification and indexing; 3) Charging and discharging of Library material including Non Book Material; 4) Maintenance of Accession Registers; 5) Acquisition, storage and dissemination of information; 6) Providing Computer based information service; 7) Providing reference and referral service; 8) Providing Current Awareness Service and Selective Dissemination of Information Service; 9) Maintenance and upkeep of Library; 10) Providing all other Library services; 11) Such other works as may be assigned from time to time.
How to apply
- Candidates will have to apply for each category of post separately and also pay fee for each category of post.
- Applications must be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https://ssc.nic.in . For detailed instructions, please refer to Annexure-IV and Annexure-V of this Notice.
- Last date for submission of online applications is 25-10-2021 (23.30 PM).
- Dates for submission of online applications: 24-09-2021 to 25-10-2021
- Last date for receipt of application: 25-10-2021 (up to 23.30 PM)
- Last date for making online fee payment: 28-10-2021 (23.30 PM)
- Last date for generation of offline Challan: 28-10-2021 (23.30 PM)
- Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 01-11-2021
- Dates of Computer Based Examination: January/February 2022