Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Staff Selection Commission
ADVERTISEMENT NO. Phase-IX/2021/Selection Post
Candidates will have to apply for each category of post separately and also pay fee for each category of post.
- Department CENTRAL REFERENCE LIBRARY, MINISTRY OF CULTURE, BELVEDERE, ALIPORE, KOLKATA-700027
- Post Code ER10221
- Post Name SUB-EDITOR(English)
- Total No of Post 01 ST
- Pay Scale Pay level : 6
- Age limit 18-25 years (age relaxation as per rules)
1. Graduate from recognized University
2. Degree in Librarianship or equivalent qualification of a recognized University/Institution.
3. Not less than 2 years experience of work in big library.
4. Language Proficiency upto Matriculation or equivalent standard in the language concerned.
Job Requirement/ Duties of the Post
a) Classification and Cataloguing of books received under D.B. Act.
b) Data Entry of the records in Computer.
c) Creation of Subject Directory.
d) Maintaining Publishers List.
e) Assist in Proof Reading of monthly and annual volume of INB.
f) Receiving and Dispatching of D.B. Act books.
g) Maintaining of Author Authority.
h) Other duties assigned by the authority time to time.
How to apply
- Candidates will have to apply for each category of post separately and also pay fee for each category of post.
- Applications must be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https://ssc.nic.in . For detailed instructions, please refer to Annexure-IV and Annexure-V of this Notice.
- Last date for submission of online applications is 25-10-2021 (23.30 PM).
- Dates for submission of online applications: 24-09-2021 to 25-10-2021
- Last date for receipt of application: 25-10-2021 (up to 23.30 PM)
- Last date for making online fee payment: 28-10-2021 (23.30 PM)
- Last date for generation of offline Challan: 28-10-2021 (23.30 PM)
- Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 01-11-2021
- Dates of Computer Based Examination: January/February 2022