NATIONAL RAIL AND TRANSPORTATION INSTITUTE (NRTI)
(A DEEMED TO BE UNIVERSITY U/S 3 OF UGC ACT 1956 & FUNDED BY MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS, GOVT. OF INDIA)
NAIR CAMPUS, LALBAUG, VADODARA 390004
ADVERTISEMENT NO: NRTI/RECT/01/2021
Post Assistant Librarian
Pay Scale: 7th CPC, Level-10
No. of Posts: 01, UR
Age Limit: 40 yrs. (preferable)
- A Masters’ Degree in Library Science, Information Science or Documentation Science or an equivalent professional degree with at least 55% marks or an equivalent grade in a grade point scale, wherever the grading system is followed.
- Consistently good academic record, with knowledge of computerization of a library
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M. Phil /Ph.D. degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be:
Provided that the, candidates registered for the Ph.D. degree prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances Bye-laws /Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree, and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions:
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/ seminars sponsored/ funded/ supported by the UGC / ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency.
Fulfilment of the above conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
Experience of working in Universities / Institutions of Higher learning, managing Library systems and various common tools used in Libraries and Proficiency in maintaining institute repositories, Desktop publishing, graphics software, creating and maintaining web content, etc.
Familiarity with search engines viz. WebCrawler, HotBot, MetaCrawler, Ask.com, Savvy Search, Dog pile, SurfWax, Internet sleuth, All One Search, Argus Clearing House etc.
Online Application opens on 10th April 2021
Online Application closes on: 10th May 2021.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online through the links provided below. No off-line Applications, by post/courier/by hand, will be accepted.
|Assistant Librarian||Click here|