Dr. Harisingh Gour University, Sagar
Library Assistant I Question Paper with Answer Key 2020
1. Open access increases the use of books according to the
A. First law of library science
B. Third law of library science
C. Second law of library science
D. Fourth law of library science
2. An University providing Open Access to Sanskrit dissertations through Internet
A. Jawaharlal Nehru University
B. Delhi University
C. Mahatma Gandhi University
D. University of Madras
3. Which among the following is free Audio book site?
A. Ebrary B. Virtua C. Librivox D. Google Books
4. Library is a
A. Political agency B. Social agency C. Economic agency D. Industrial agency
5. Who said, “Public Library is the responsibility of Local and National Authorities. It must be supported by specific legislation and financed by National and Local Governments”?
A. S.R. Ranganathan B. Gopala Rao Ekbote C. Sinha Committee D. UNESCO Manifesto UNESCO
6. Information is ______
A. Raw data B. Raw knowledge C. Input data D. Organized data
7. The term ‘literary warrant’ was first introduced by
A. S.R. Ranganathan B. E. Wyndhan Hulme C. A. Neelamegan D. Senguptha
8. ISO-9960 is related with?
A. Standard for encoding data on CD-ROM
B. Standard for Computer Hardware
C. Standard for Information Processing
D. Standard for Networking
9. The Principle of Local Variation is mainly applicable in:
A. Cataloguing B. Reference service C. Circulation D. Acquisition
10. Which is fourth law of library science?
A. Every book its reader B. Every reader his/her book C. The library is a growing organism D. Save the time of the reader
11. Weeding of un-useful books from the library is emphasized by this law of library science.
A. Second law B. Third Law C. Fourth law D. Fifth law
12. In colon classification scheme ‘X’ represent for
A. Sociology B. History C. Economics D. Library and Information Science
13. Search engine is usually a web based system for
A. Searching the information available on Email
B. Searching the information available on the web
C. Searching the information available on the Laptop
D. Searching the information available on the Databases
14. One of the authorized user makes bulk downloading of a Journal using robots and consequently licensor blocks access of the journal. What may be the most appropriate action (s) that librarian should initiate?
i) Cancellation of authentication of the said user
ii) Asking the licensor for blocking up the access without prior information.
iii) Investigate and take corrective measures
iv) Notify user community of user restrictions
A. (ii), (iv) are correct.
B. (ii), (iii) are correct
C. (i), (iii) are correct.
D.(i), (ii) are correct.
15. In KWIC indexes the keyword is
A. Derived from the text
B.Derived from the abstract
C. Derived from the title
D. Assigned by the author
16. The invisible web refers to-
A. The internet, since we cannot see it
B. That part of the internet, which is hidden from the search engines.
C. The telecommunication signals which are not seen
D.The failure in accessing the web pages
17. Which of the following is not the power of Local Library Authority?
A. Providing lands and buildings
B. Closing the library
C. Enacting Public Library Act
D. Employing Staff
18. Sir Sayaji Rao Gaekwad III established which type of library?
A. Academic Library
B. Public Library
C. National Library
D. Special Library
19. Which is not a input device?
A. Keyboard B. OMR C. OCR D. Plotter
20. Which organization supported in India the Information Policy?
21. When the answer of a reference question is provided within half an hour then it is called
A. Short range reference service
B. Very short range reference service
C. Long range reference service
D. Reference service
22. Identify the place where IFLA was first found.
A. The Hague, Netherlands
B. Edinburgh, Scotland
C. Helsinki, Finland
23. In fund accounting, ________ fund cannot be used for other purposes.
24. Which of the following are the main role operators of PRECIS?
i) Key System
iii) Performer of action
iv) Form of Document
A. (i), (ii) and (iii)
B. (ii), (i) and (iv)
C. (i), (iii) and (iv)
D. (ii), (iii) and (i)
25. Name the University Library in India that first “Reference Librarian” created the post
A. Madras University Library
B. Mumbai University Library
C. Delhi University Library
D. Ahmedabad University Library
26. What does ZBB stand for?
A. Zero Balanced Budget
B. Zero Base Budgeting
C. Zero Based Budget
D. Zero Balancing Budgeting
27. With which activity analysis, decision analysis and relations analysis are associated?
28. When was the Encyclopedia Britannica first published?
29. Fore runners of Internet is
30. What is the correct sequence of the following sections of the main entry as per classified catalogue code (CCC)?
i.) Note Section
ii.) Leading Section
iii.) Heading Section
iv.) Title Section
A. (i) (iv) (iii) (ii)
B. (ii) (iii) (iv) (i)
C. (iii) (iv) (ii) (i)
D. (iv) (i) (iii) (ii)
31. Which of the following is not a language of DBMS?
D. All the above
32. Who publishes INIS atom index?
A. INIS (Vienna)
33. The term Lexicography is associated with:
A. Compilation of Encyclopedia
B. Compilation of Hand books
C. Compilation of Dictionaries
D. None of the above
34. Who is the father of WWW?
A. John Harris
B. Johan H. Alsled
C. Tim Berners Lee
35. Who was the first librarian of New Imperial Library?
A. Harinath Dey
B. W. Bordan
C. B.S. Keshvan
D. Mac Farlane
36. How many numbers are there in call number?
37. In CC, main class are divided into
38. When Ranganathan left to England, who can Associates with him m London, Chief Librarian?
A. Sir P.Sivasamy Iyar
B. W.C. Berwick Sayers
C. Sir Maurice Gayer
D. Prof. S. Das Gupta
39. Arrange the following in chronological order
i) Unix ii) MS-DOS iii) Linux iv) Windows
A. (iv), (ii),(iii), (i)
B. (ii), (i), (iv), (iii)
C. (i), (iii), (iv), (ii)
D. (iii), (i), (iv), (ii)
40. ‘Communities’ is a component of following digital library software
B. D space
41. What is “McAfee”?
A. Virus checking software
B. Self-replicating programme
C. Open source software
D. Non-text files
42. The committee that advices the Government in matters relating to libraries is
A. State central committee
B. Local library authority
C. Adhoc committee
D. Executive committee
43. ‘Eradication of Malaria in India 1990-1999’- a report can be categorized under
A. Trend Report
B. Review Report
C. State of the Art Report
D. Research Report
44. Identification of an e-article and paying for full-text is known as
C. Campus license
45. Which two is a Library Management Software for small libraries?
A. Library Solution and Follet
B. Follet and MSN
C. MSN and Tar
D. LYCOS and Live Search
46. Which of the following qualities that the notations should have m the words of Dr.S.R.Ranganathan?
A. Unity, Strength, Expression
B. Uniqueness, Brevity, Expressiveness
C. Union, Brief, Exposure
D. Uniform, Bright, Extension
47. Who propounded “Minimum, Middling and Maximum Theories” of reference service?
A. C.M. Winchell
B. James I.Wyer
C. Samuel Rothstein
D. D.W. Lewis
48. Raja Ram Mohan Roy Library Foundation:
i) Promotes public libraries
ii) Located at Mumbai
iii) Promotes school libraries
iv) Located at Kolkata
A. (i) and (ii) are correct
B. (i) and (iv) are correct
C. (i) and (iii) are correct
D. (iii) and (iv) are correct
49. Cataloguing-in-publication started by library of congress in the year
50. Arrange the following in the chronological order of their first year of publication:
i) Arts and Humanities Index
ii) Social Science Citation Index
iii) ISI Web of Science
iv) Science Citation Index
A. (iv), (ii), (i), (iii)
B. (ii), (iii), (iv), (i)
C. (iii), (ii), (i), (iv)
D. (iv), (i), (iii), (ii)