FOSSEE, IIT Bombay
Phone : (+91) 22 25764133
Koha and Dspace Customization FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2020.
- All college students (bachelor, masters, Ph.D., etc.) from all streams (engineering, science, arts, commerce, etc.) are welcome to participate in the FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2020.
- FOSSEE works only on promotion and development of Free/Libre and Open Source Software in education. For more updates on the FOSSEE Fellowship please keep checking this website
- Please see the short video to understand Fellowship better
Registrations and Submission opens on
01 January 2020
Registration closes on
25 February 2020
Submission closes on
07 March 2020
Announcement of the Fellowship results
Mid April 2020
Commencement of Fellowship will be tentatively from
Mid May 2020
- Login to https://courses.fossee.in/ using your registered credentials.
- Click on Koha and Dspace Customization available under Courses page.
- To register and enroll, click here
- The participants can select up to a maximum of two topics mentioned in the below tables and submit the screening task for the respective topic
- The details of the topics and screening tasks for each are given in the tables under "Topics for the screening task submission" tab
- For the topics under: "Tasks which require proposal and acceptance", the participants have to first make a proposal and submit the tasks only after the acceptance of the proposal
- For the topics mentioned under "Tasks which do not require proposal and acceptance", the participants have to directly submit the task without any proposal
- The completed tasks will be reviewed by the domain experts in the FOSSEE team
- After the review, the selected participants will be called for the fellowship at IIT Bombay.
- If a participant selects a task under "Tasks that require submitting a proposal and accepting it" and has completed it, then the participant will be eligible for honorarium and certificate.
You are allowed to select a maximum of two topics from the below tables. But we recommend you to focus on one topic and submit it successfully.
- Tasks that require a test and possibly a small activity (no collaborative content creation, however)
|Creating custom modules, custom themes, and websites using Drupal.|
|Installing and configuring Web Applications for System Administration/DevOps tasks on RHEL or CentOS 7/8.|
|Blockchain||Build (BUIDL) a dApp using Blockchain||Click here|
|Koha and Dspace Customization||Online Book Suggestion Process||Click here|
- You may write your technical queries on specific tasks or projects to the respective teams. To view the contact details, click here.
FAQs - FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2020
Q. Who can register for FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2020?
A. All college students (bachelor, masters, Ph.D., etc.) from all streams (engineering, science, arts, commerce, etc.) are welcome to participate in the FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2020.
Q. Is there any registration fee for the fellowship?
A. No, there is no registration fee for FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2020.
Q. I came to know about the fellowship what should I do next?
Q. How do I register for the fellowship?
A. To register for Fellowship, fill in the registration form at https://courses.fossee.in/login/signup.php. We strongly recommend you to visit https://fossee.in/fellowship before registering to be sure of the topic that you want to submit.
Q. I have participated in previous FOSSEE Summer Fellowship, can I use the same credentials to login?
A. No, a participant has to make a fresh registration for FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2020 to submit tasks.
Q. Do I receive an email after registering?
A. After successful registration, you will receive a confirmation link on the email that you have registered with. Please check the Promotions/Spam folder in your mailbox.
Q.How do I enroll for a course?
A. You will be automatically enrolled for a course during the registration itself based on the Topic preference.
Q. Can I submit the task in a group?
A. No, we shall accept only individual submissions.
Q. Whom do I contact if there are issues related to Registration and accessing the course?
Q. How many Topics can I choose?
A. You can choose a maximum of two topics. However, we strongly recommend you complete and submit at least one task from the selected topics for better chances of selection.
Q. I am stuck while working on my task, will I get any help?
A. For any technical queries, please refer to this for the respective teams' contact id. Please mention the “FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2020 - task help” in the subject line.
Q. Can we work on the Screening task in groups?
A. No. If multiple submissions from different participants are found similar, in that case, all those participants will not be considered for evaluation.
- The FOSSEE team encourages you to select a maximum of two topics mentioned in the above tables.
- We strongly recommend you to complete and submit at least one task from the selected topics for better chances of selection
- Each task should be taken up by an individual only. We do not encourage group submissions.
- Honorarium (if any) will be as per FOSSEE norms.
- Kindly make sure that your submission files do not contain any copyrighted content.
- FOSSEE team shall evaluate the submissions and declare the final list of selected candidates for fellowship on the basis of the completeness, correctness and the quality of the tasks submitted.
- FOSSEE team reserves the right for the selection and rejection of the FOSSEE fellows. This decision shall be final and non-questionable.
Kindly view https://fossee.in/fellowship2020/koha
Koha Previous Fellowships: 2019
FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2019
The FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2019 commenced on 21 May 2019. It was of 6 week duration. In this fellowship, many students from different institutes across India participated and contributed to FOSSEE. Their detailed work report can be viewed below.
|Full Name||College Name||FLOSS||Link to the report|
|Kavitha.K||Sri Sarada College For Women||Koha||Click here|
|Nayanjyoti Das||Morigaon College||Koha||Click here|