Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Applications are invited in the prescribed proforma for filling up of one post of Senior Library and Information Officer in the National Medical Library, Directorate General of Health Services under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare in Level-12 of the Pay Matrix (Rs.78800- 209200), [PB-3 (Rs. 15,600- 39,100) with Grade pay Rs.7600 in pre-revised scale of pay] on deputation (including short- term contract)/promotion basis from the following:
Officers under the Central Government or State Governments or Union territories or Universities or recognised research institute or public sector undertakings or statutory or autonomous organisation:-
- (i) Holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent Cadre/Department; or (ii) with five years' service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in Level-I I of the Pay Matrix (Rs.67700-208700), [PB-3 (Rs. 15600- 39100) with Grade Pay Rs. 6600 in pit- revised scale of pay] or equivalent in the parent Cadre or Department; and
- possessing the following educational qualifications and experience: Essential:-
- Master's Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science from a recognised university or institute.
- Ten years' professional experience in a library under Central Government or State Government or autonomous or statutory organisation or public sector undertaking or university or recognised research institute or educational institutes.
- One year experience of computerising library activities in a library under Central/State Governments or Union territories or universities or recognised research institutions or public sector undertakings or statutory or autonomous organisations.
- One year professional experience in indexing work of health services literature.
- Diploma in computer applications from a recognised university or institute.
Note 1: Departmental Library and Information Officer in Level-1 I of the Pay Matrix (Rs.67700-208700), [Pay Band-3, Grade Pay Rs. 6600 in pre- revised scale of pay] with 5 years regular service in the grade and possessing Bachelor's degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science from a recognised University or Institute shall also be considered alongwith outsiders. In case he/she is selected, the post shall be deemed to have been filled by promotion otherwise, it will be treated as having been filled on deputation (istc).
Note 2: The period of deputation (istc) including period of deputation (istc) in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other Organisation or Department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not to exceed four years. The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation (istc) shall be not exceeding 56 years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
- The officers selected for appointment on deputation (istc) basis shall be entitled to draw pay/ pension (duty) allowance in accordance with the existing instructions on the subject issued by the Government of India from time to time.
- The eligible and interested candidates may send their applications in the attached proforma through proper channel, to the Under Secretary(Admn), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Room No.330-C, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi-110011, so as to reach him within 60(Sixty) days from the date of publication of this circular in the Employment News. While forwarding the applications, the concerned Department may please ensure that the particulars of the candidate(s) are verified and that he/she fulfils the eligibility conditions.
- The application(s) should be forwarded alongwith APARs for the last 5 years duly attested by a Group 'A' officer, Vigilance Clearance and Integrity Certificate. A statement should also be enclosed in case of each applicant that no minor/ major penalty has been imposed on the applicant during the last ten years. Application received without aforesaid documents or after the prescribed date, shall be rejected.