- Private Jobs Subscribe
Private LIS Jobs
- Librarian posts in S.B.I.O.A. EDUCATIONAL TRUST - last date 02/03/2020
- Librarian post in Vidya Pratishthan’s English Medium Schools (SSC, CBSE & ICSE) for Year 2020 - 2021
- Times Ascent (dated 19 Feb. 2020) - Library Jobs Highlights
- Post of Librarian at St. Xavier's College,(autonomous) Ahmedabad - last date 20 Feb., 2020
- Librarian / Deputy Librarian at Karunya INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AND SCIENCES - last date 26/02/2020
- Librarian posts in Various Schools of D.A.V. PUBLIC SCHOOLS, BIHAR ZONE - B (GAYA) - last date 16/02/2020
- Times Ascent (dated 12 Feb. 2020) - Library Jobs Highlights
- Times Ascent (dated 05 Feb. 2020) - Library Jobs Highlights
- Times Ascent (dated 29 January 2020) - Library Jobs Highlights
- Librarian & Library Attendant post at Don Bosco Degree & Junior College, Diphu - last date 31/01/2020
- Assistant Librarian at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology - last date 20/02/2020
- Jr. Library and Information Assistant at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology - last date 20/02/2020
- Times Ascent (dated 22 January 2020) - Library Jobs Highlights
- Times Ascent (dated 15 January 2020) - Library Jobs Highlights
- Times Ascent (dated 08 January 2020) - Library Jobs Highlights
- Library Assistant at Ahmedabad University - last date 25/01/2020
- Librarian and Assistant Librarians at ITM UNIVERSITY GWALIOR
- Librarian at Jaipuria Institute of Management, Indirapuram, Ghaziabad - last date 15/01/2020
- Post of Librarian at Cambridge Schools - last date 08/01/2020
- Librarian at Birla Public School, Ganganagar (Raj.) - last date 03/01/2020
- Walk-in-Interview for Librarian at G D Goenka Public School, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi - Interview date 24/12/2019
- Librarian at Delhi Public School, Kollam, Kerala
- Librarian (Regular) in THE SANSKRITI SCHOOL LUCKNOW (TSSL) - last date 31/12/2019
- Librarian at DELHI PUBLIC SCHOOL, Bahadurgarh (Haryana) - last date 20/12/2019
- Library assistant vacancy at HDFC Ltd Library for freshers
- Librarian at DELHI PUBLIC SCHOOL, Bahadurgarh - last date 20/12/2019
- Librarian Posts in Seedling Group of Schools, Jaipur - last date 17/12/2019
- Junior Library Assistant at The Fern Residency, Mumbai
- Post of Assistant Librarian, College Librarian, University Deputy Librarian & University Librarian at Gokul Global University - last date 08/01/2020
- Library Attendant at Aggarwal Colege Ballabgarh, Faridabad, Haryana - last date 23/12/2019
- Librarian at ASBM University, Bhubaneswar
- Librarian in Sitapur Shiksha Sansthan, Sitapur - last date 10/12/2019
- Assistant Librarian at OP Jindal University, Raigarh - last date 09/12/2019
- Librarian at Pushpak Mahavidyalaya Umrer - last date 05/12/2019
- Library Assistant (Female) at Lotus Valley International School, Noida
- Assistant Librarian at DELHI PUBLIC SCHOOL, Greater Faridabad
- Librarian at Delhi Institute of Higher Education, Greater Noida - last date 29/11/2019
- Librarian in NERIM Group of Institutions, Guwahati - last date 20/11/2019
- Librarian at Thakur Ramnarayan College of Law Dahisar (E), Mumbai - last date 27/11/2019
- Assistant Librarian at DPS Ruby, Kolkata - last date 30/11/2019
- Why Amazon knows so much about you [BBC News]
- नई परीक्षा तिथि घोषित (Librarian Grade III ) - राजस्थान कर्मचारी चयन बोर्ड (RSMSSB) जयपुर
- How many books should a professor be able to check out?
- Audiobooks: The rise and rise of the books you don’t read [BBC]
- Google redraws the borders on maps depending on who’s looking
- Free Textbooks for Law Students
- Open access journals get a boost from librarians—much to Elsevier’s dismay
- Shortlisted candidates for Associate Professor (LIS) - Kannur University
- UNIVERSITY OF LUCKNOW LUCKNOW - Ph.D. ADMISSIONS 2019 – 20 Tentative Entrance Test Schedule (LIS)
- Corrigendum - for Assistant Librarian post - Central University of Punjab
- Revision of Pay Structures - University of Calcutta
- List of Eligible Candidates for Interview posts of Assistant Librarian and Library Assistant (A.G.-III)
- Online Quiz Contest & Win Rewards - Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat (एक भारत श्रेष्ठ भारत)
- India’s Fight Against Predatory Journals: An Interview with Professor Bhushan Patwardhan
- Koha and Dspace Customization - FOSSEE IIT Bombay, Summer Fellowship 2020
- High Utilization of e-Resources by Madurai Kamaraj University
- CORRIGENDUM - Admission Notification P.hD (LIS) 2020
- Date of Written Examination and Candidates list for the post of Professional Assistant & Library Pandit - RASHTRIYA SANSKRIT SANSTHAN
- IDSK invites Applications for ICSSR Institutional Doctoral Fellowship for the year 2020
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti Notification 2019 has been Revised - Vacancies Increased to 82 from 70
- Short-listing of candidates for the post of Librarian - Central University of Haryana
- Haryana Staff Selection Commission - Candidates for inviting objection on answer key for the Librarian post
- APSET-2019 CERTIFICATE VERIFICATION FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES (LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE)- IInd Phase
- Jamia Millia Islamia librarian Dr Tariq Ashraf has been conferred with the Best Librarian Award 2019
- Indicative Advertisement for Recruitment to the post of Junior Librarian - ODISHA STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION
- I-STEM Web Portal: a National Portal that is the gateway for researchers
- Dr. R. Samyuktha wins the Wiley Innovative Woman Leader Library Award 2019
- RMSSSB Cancellation of Exam Dated 29.12.2019
- UGC-NET December, 2019: Result Out
- GSSSB Call Letter 2020 for Librarian
- Download Admit Card - राजस्थान कर्मचारी चयन बोर्ड
- राजस्थान कर्मचारी चयन बोर्ड - 21 दिसंबर से प्रवेश पत्र डाउनलोड ( Librarian Admit Card 2019 ) किए जा सकेंगे
- Up gradation of Pay Level of Library Assistant - Orders
- DSSSB Result LIBRARIAN UNDER POST CODE 09/17 IN DIRECTORATE OF TRAINING AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION
- LIBRARIAN POSTS REPORTING MODULE - उच्च शिक्षा विभाग, मध्य प्रदेश
- Design And Development of Library Portal for Indian Universities: A Proposed Model
- Appointment Order for 199 Librarian posts - M.P. Public Service Commission (MPPSC) Indore (M.P.) लोक सेवा आयोग से चयनित ग्रंथपाल के नियुक्ति आदेश
- GSSSB Librarian - Exam Date Declared 2019-20
- “Semantic Web in Libraries” – Conference videos and slides (25/11/2019)
- COUNSELLING NOTICE FOR THE POSTS OF LIBRARIAN - WEST BENGAL COLLEGE SERVICE COMMISSION
2nd International Workshop on Digital Archiving
- 2nd International Workshop on Digital Archiving
- Tue, 11. February 2020 - Wed, 19. February 2020
- , Delhi
2nd International Workshop
11-19 February 2020
Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts
CoRSAL, University of North Texas
Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, Lecture Hall, IInd floor, Kala Nidhi divison
11 Mansingh Road
INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON
Most of the 200 literary traditions of the Tibeto-Burman languages of North East Region (NER) of India are oral, tribal, and performative. The International Workshop on Digital Archiving is a run up to The Listener, a festival of the oral literature of the NER to be held in NER by INTACH Tripura and Imasi: The Maharaj Kumari Binodini Devi Foundation of Manipur. This preparatory and foundational archival workshop is organized by IGNCA and the University of North Texas (UNT) in Denton (USA) for the documentation, archiving, and preservation of these immensely rich, yet understudied, literature and language of this region.
The main objective of this workshop is to familiarize the participants with the oral traditions and expressions of North East Region and how they can document the same using digital technology. It will also focus on how one can safeguard this dying intangible heritage for posterity for further research and reference. In this regard UNESCO adopted the Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage in October 2003 which aimed at identification, research, documentation, preservation, protection, promotion, enhancement and transmission through formal and non-formal education
INDIRA GANDHI NATIONAL CENTRE FOR THE ARTS
IGNCA is an autonomous trust set up by Govt. of India under Ministry of Culture. It is a premier resource centre engaged in research, documentation, publication and dissemination of knowledge of arts. It is visualized as Centre, encompassing the study and experience of all the arts, classical and folk, written and oral, ancient and modern. The uniqueness of the IGNCA’s approach to the art lies in the fact that it does not segregate the folk and classical, the oral and aural, the written and the spoken, and the old and the modern. The work of Centre is carried through five divisions (Kala Nidhi, Kalakosa, Janapada Sampada, Kaladarsana and Sutradhra) and Sub-units (Nari Prakalp Samvad, Bharat Vidya Prayojana, Cultural Informatics Lab, Adi Drishya Unit, Conservation Laboratory, and Media Centre) and nine Regional Centers.
Kala Nidhi serves as a major cultural information/knowledge resource hub to support research objectives and the technical information needs of other academic divisions of IGNCA. The library holds an extensive and unique collection on knowledge resources, reflecting the multi-dimensional and interdisciplinary nature of the arts. As a major repository of reference materials relating to the humanities and the arts, it comprises an outstanding Reference Library, Reprography Section, Slide Library and equally rich Cultural Archives. The library is fully automated, providing easy access to its resources through Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) terminals, and has been organized scientifically as per internationally accepted standards.
COMPUTATIONAL RESOURCE FOR SOUTH ASIAN LANGUAGES (CoRSAL), UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS (UNT)
The University of North Texas (UNT) is a public research university in Denton, Texas. UNT faculty from linguistics, information science, computer science, and anthropology are partnering with the UNT Digital Library to create a repository for South Asian languages at UNT. This repository will house data in formats that can be easily accessed and used by non-linguists and linguists for a range of purposes, including language science, computational linguistics, language reclamation and revitalization, language teaching, and investigations into diverse cultures and histories.
The workshop course has been planned to provide the necessary background to the professionals on the concepts related to the digital archiving of the intangible cultural heritage of North East Region. The topics covered during the workshop include the following:
- Documentation of language, culture and music.
- Digital archival practice-creating websites and participatory archiving; audio and video documentation; use of SayMore for file naming for already collected material, data management and transcription.
- Access and use of resources in North East.
- File naming, cataloguing, and creating metadata (item and collection level) for music, language, photographs and Manipuri collection.
- Libraries for rural communities; TBD; Kashmiri manuscripts and political science databases.
- Digitization of archival material using different types of data and data formats; data access and its ownership.
- UNT Digital Rights document and CoRSAL access settings.
- Practical sessions on workflow of data from creation of archive.
- Discussion on file naming of Manipuri collection; documenting language, culture and music; types of data, its formats and plans for archiving.
- Sharing of experiences and results on creating resources in Manipur.
Faculty for the course comprises mainly experts, namely Professor Shobhana Chelliah and Professor Sadaf Munshi, University of North Texas and her team comprising Dr. Alex Smith, Ms. Mary Burke, Mr.Mark, Mr.Rex, Mr.Yunfei and Ms.Ana; Prof. Ramesh C. Gaur, Dean & Head of Kala Nidhi Division, IGNCA; Prof. Anvita Abbi, Guest Scientist at the Max Planck Institute of Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany and speakers from Manipur-Mr.Pauthang and Mr.Marjing Mayanglambam.
The workshop is open to archivists, librarians, academicians, consultants, documentarians, researchers and students of the Tibeto-Burman languages and cultures of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura.
Participants must have:
- A basic knowledge of computer data software (minimum Excel, Word Processing).
- A working knowledge of English.
- A demonstrated interest in documentation and research.
- Track record in research in NER is preferable but not mandatory.
11-19 February 2020
Time: From 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
₹ 5000/- will be charged per participant. The fee includes the cost of the course material, lunch and refreshment during the course period. On-site computers for hands-on sessions will be provided (on sharing basis). Please confirm at the earliest.
Application for participation in the course should be submitted via link https://tiny.cc/lmztiz (kindly copy the link in the browser) and the registration fee should be submitted to the workshop coordinator by 5th February 2020. The fee should be remitted by a crossed demand draft drawn in favour of ‘Indira Gandhi National centre for the Arts’ payable at New Delhi or registration fee can be paid on site by paying Rs. ₹ 5000/- in cash. The number of participants will be limited to 25. Registration is on first come, first serve basis.
TRAVEL, BOARDING & LODGING ARRANGEMENTS
Travel, boarding and lodging expenses of the participants have to be borne by participants or their sponsoring organizations.
Prof. Shobhana Chelliah
Distinguished Research Professor, Department of Linguistics and Associate Dean for Research and Development at the College of Information, at the University of North Texas (UNT).
Prof. Ramesh C. Gaur
Dean & Head of Kala Nidhi Division
Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA), New Delhi.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS, PLEASE CONTACT
Prof. Ramesh C. Gaur
DIRECTIONS TO REACH IGNCA
By Metro, from Indira Gandhi International Airport/ New Delhi Railway Station/ Nizamuddin Railway Station. Nearest Metro Station is Central Secretariat.
From the Central Secretariat Metro Station take an auto up to 11 Man Singh Road, IGNCA Gate No. 6 or by walk towards Dr. Rajendra Prasad Road / Janpath, IGNCA Gate No. 3 & 1 respectively.
- New Delhi