A Three Day National Workshop On Open Source Library Management Software (KOHA) On December 19-21, 2019 Organized by Library Indian Institute of Technology Jammu
About the Workshop Theme
The workshop will be helpful to intensive practical knowledge of koha in a short span of time. Its main aims to provide practical training/hands-on-practice to library professionals in general and Jammu and Kashmir region Library Professionals in particular. The workshop will be helpful to participants to acquire practical knowledge of KOHA, which will enable them to automate libraries on their own by using it. The basic purpose of this workshop is to equip participants with technical skills for automating their own libraries.
Objectives of the Workshop
- To create awareness and familiarity among Library professionals.
- To promote open source library management system for better administration and management of libraries.
- To equip library professionals with skills and practical knowledge of the OSS Koha for providing better library services to the users.
- To help participants in understanding the Open Source Software Koha and its various modules, this will enable them to implement the software in a very systematic manner.
Topics To Be Covered
- Application of Open Source Software in the Libraries
- Open Source Software Koha : Introduction
- Installation of Linux
- Koha Installation and configuration
- Modules of KOHA
- OPAC Customization
- Koha Backup /Restore
- E-mail notices configuration
- Data Migration
Workshop is intended for Library and Information professionals, Researchers & LIS Students.
Registration fee includes workshop kit, Tea, Lunch, workshop content and accommodation in hostel.
Note:- Registration amount can’t be refunded after registration.
Beneficiary Name:- Indian Institute of Technology Jammu
Bank Name:- ICICI Bank, Jammu- Residency Road Branch
A/c No.:- 026601003417
Accommodation will be arranged in Hostel. Details may be enquired from the organizing secretary. Organizers shall provide necessary assistance if informed well in advanced.
Last date of Registration & Confirmation
December 06, 2019
Intake- A total 30 Participants will be enrolled on the first cum first basis
Date of Event
December 19-21, 2019